Relationships last long because two people make a choice to keep it, fight for it and work for it...
You're committed to your partner. The two of you are the new aged Bonnie and Clyde and you are ready to take on the world one day at at time! Nothing can stop your love or break you. That is until you realize your partner snores or they rather sit around the house and never pick up a finger to clean or cook. How about those significant others who want to sit at home and watch TV instead of going out and hitting the town? Or maybe you just realized that your lover can't seem to remember your Anniversary date and that drives you mad. (After all he/she can remember everything else). We don't even want to talk about the demands of the kids, who are now sleeping in the bed with you or who find their way in your room sometime during the night. Suddenly the "nothing can break us" love is feeling like "I need a break now" love. How does one keep the fire burning in their growing stale relationship? Stephanie is sharing 5 secrets that she has found works wonders in her relationship with her husband.
- Switch it Up: Dinner and movie; the go to date of the century. Let's face it, you can't talk and get to know each other during a movie. And nowadays everyone is too busy trying to figure out who's paying for the check during dinner and what's hanging between their teeth. It's time to switch it up. Go play paintball, visit a local gun range and get your Charlie's Angel on, visit a museum, take a weekend trip to a surrounding city, check out your local sip and paint gallery, or head to your closest amusement park and get that adrenaline running. Whatever you do...Switch it up. It makes the time you share more interesting.
- Kiss every time like it's the last time: You're packing up to leave to go to work or you need to get your son/daughter to practice and you're already late, which literally means you have just enough time for a quick peck. So, you dismissively peck your partner and rush out the door. I always tell everyone nothing says I love you like a dismissive peck. (Joking) Would another second have hurt? To keep passion alive you have to be passionate. Kiss your partner EVERY TIME like it's the last time you will ever see them. If you can't do the long I can't wait to get you in bed kiss, then at least give them more then, "I'll see you when I see you" peck. You'd be surprised how a kiss can get the mind, the soul and the passion flowing.
- When you fight, fight fair: Let's face it, you wouldn't be with a monster, female dog, loser, deadbeat or asshole. So, when you're arguing leave the names out the conversation. You should be able to discuss your differences without calling each other names and being insulting. If you find yourself in a relationship where you partner's idea of an argument is to belittle you then RUN! You don't want to be with anyone that breaks you down and you definitely don't want to be the person to hurt someone else. If you feel like your person is a loser, then remember you're just as much a loser for staying with them. So, be careful what you throw out because the question back at you will always be, "then why are you with that person?"
- Celebrate each other: There will be times when each of you will shine. Make sure that you are always your partner's biggest cheerleader. Let them know that everything they aspire to do makes you proud! Remember if you don't celebrate each other, then don't get mad when someone else does. A simple, "Babes, I'm so proud of you," goes a long way.
- Listen to listen, not to talk: A lot of times we're in the middle of discussion and we're patiently waiting to interject our feelings. Stop that. Let your partner speak and listen to them. Take the time to find out what makes them tick or upsets them. You don't always need to give a reason as to why something is the way it is. Listen to what they're saying. Use your two ears more than those two lips!